Yesterday was a day full of nachas for this proud Ima.
First, I attended YS's graduation from his 3 year-old class. Unlike all past performances or events I have attended at his school, this time he actually participated fully, sang loudly and proudly, did all of the hand motions, and actually seemed to enjoy himself! I could tell that he was proud of himself, and of course I was beaming with pride. It was a big year academically for YS! He now knows all of his letters and how to write them, both in English and Hebrew. He knows much more parsha and probably knows more about some of the chagim than I do! When he colors, he stays within the lines! He has developed (or maybe just unearthed) a deep love and appreciation for learning, and it's wonderful to observe. He is truly saddened by the end of the school year, even though he will spend his summer playing and learning at his yeshiva's summer camp.
AM also amazed me yesterday! He said his longest sentence yet: "I want more water in my cup please." Atta boy! I was worried about him being able to communicate his needs now that he's starting camp in a week, but after last night, I'm a little less concerned.
What a good day to be their Ima!
No comments:
Post a Comment