In Pirkei Avos 4:1 (Ethics of our Fathers) we learn Eizehu ashir hasameach b'chelko - Who is wealthy? One who is happy with his lot. I have been blessed with 30 years of a pretty good lot! In trying to decide what to name this blog, which will be a chronicle of things that make me happy, I landed on Sameach b'chelko for this very reason!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Work Family


It's hard being away from my family all day while I'm at the office, so my partner-in-crime got me a little work family to keep on my desk.

For some reason the orange "Rachel" shmooshie-chicken-ball is balding. The AM shmooshie-chicken-ball isn't a chicken ball at all. It's actually a light-up ring (I tried to take a photo of it lighting up, but it didn't turn out).

These family members don't talk back. They don't run around trying to hit me - or each other. They don't wake me up at ungodly hours of the morning.

They also don't bring me delicious salmon avocado salads for dinner. They don't give me cute little slobbery kisses. They don't get excited when they see me each day.

I guess every family has its ups and downs.

No comments:

Post a Comment