...and this was the car parked one row overUhhh...WHAT?!?!
Usually I don't like to be the crazy lady pulling out her phone and taking pictures of other people's cars, especially in a parking lot where I almost always see people I know (plus, my reputation is still in recovery mode after Saturday night's watch-Kentucky-lose-while-screaming-in-the-pizza-shop debacle), but today it could not be avoided. I couldn't pass by these cars and not document their existence.
Shall we start with our good friend ARSON? Uh, seriously? ARSON?! How is it possible that this license plate got past the eagle eyes of the fine folks at the New York State DMV? Personally, if I were reviewing license plate applications and came across someone requesting ARSON as his vanity plate, I would probably put the applicant on a 72-hour psych hold while I evaluated the likelihood of him being a threat to himself or others. In the age of homeland security and orange threats and Big Brother using the Patriot Act to read my emails, how is it acceptable for someone to drive around with ARSON plates? The ever-wise Elena suggested that the owner is a fire fighter. Let's hope she's onto something!
Now moving on. I have lived in New York City for seven and half years now, and if there is one thing I can say for sure, it's that drivers in NYC love to honk. A LOT. Even I give a liberal honk when trying to navigate the roads while narrowly-avoiding overzealous cabs and buses, not to mention audacious bikers and ruthless pedestrians. While I truly feel very sorry for the individual whose seizures are brought on by honking, I certainly hope that s/he is not the driver of the car!
Never a dull moment, folks. Never a dull moment.

No comments:
Post a Comment