In Pirkei Avos 4:1 (Ethics of our Fathers) we learn Eizehu ashir hasameach b'chelko - Who is wealthy? One who is happy with his lot. I have been blessed with 30 years of a pretty good lot! In trying to decide what to name this blog, which will be a chronicle of things that make me happy, I landed on Sameach b'chelko for this very reason!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Little Mind at Work


This morning on the way to school, YS suddenly exclaimed, "Hey! Ima! Toys that are people are called dolls!" He's figuring out the world around him, and I love every second of it!

This evening during dinner time, YS told me that he wanted to draw a rainbow, so he took a piece of paper and his tub of crayons and ran into the other room. He emerged a couple of minutes later with a perfectly-drawn ROYGBIV rainbow! I couldn't believe that he actually knew how to draw a perfect rainbow without help, so I started looking around the room for something he must have used as a guide. Nothing! I asked him how he learned the order of the colors (which I think
I learned in middle school science class), and he belted out a song he had learned at school. A half hour later, he was serenading me with assorted Pesach songs that he's been practicing at school.

I am so grateful to his morahs (teachers) for not only being kind, patient, and caring, but for also being creative, competent, and so talented. How they manage a room full of 3 year-olds is beyond me, and how they do so while also legitimately teaching them copious information truly baffles my mind.

1 comment:

  1. Was there ever any doubt that he'd be a really smart kid?

    ReplyDelete