
Reason #3,489,392 why being a mom makes me laugh:
The other night, I was in the kitchen cooking, when suddenly something started to moo. My kids were asleep, D was still at work, and the last time I lived with a cow was in the early 1990s. I shook it off and went about my business. A few minutes later, I heard another moo. I looked around a bit and realized it was coming from a farm toy my in-laws gave AM a few months ago. The fact of the matter was that I was nowhere near the toy, but something about my movements in the kitchen activated its moo-ing function.
Before becoming a mom, I owned very few multi-colored-bilingual-musical items. Now I'm hard-pressed to walk though a room in my house without experiencing a sensory overload of color and music! Instead of rocking out to my favorite girl band while I cook, I listen to the random moo, baa, or gobble that may get thrown my way. And you know what? I love it!
The hills are alive with the sound of moo-sic.
We have a Mickey Mouse ambulance toy that goes off every time I walk through the living room. It's funny how instead of finding an "off" button, I just have learned to live with it. Amazing the things we get used to as mommies!
ReplyDelete