Eizehu ashir? Hasameach b'chelko. Who is rich? One who is happy with his lot.
In Pirkei Avos 4:1 (Ethics of our Fathers) we learn Eizehu ashir hasameach b'chelko - Who is wealthy? One who is happy with his lot. I have been blessed with 30 years of a pretty good lot! In trying to decide what to name this blog, which will be a chronicle of things that make me happy, I landed on Sameach b'chelko for this very reason!
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Baruch Dayan HaEmes
There are no words. Tonight I think about the Fogel family. Udi, 36, his wife Ruth, 35, and their children Yoav, 11, Elad, 4 and Hadas, 3 months were all stabbed to death last night in their sleep.
They ate Shabbos dinner. They tucked their kids in bed. They went to sleep. They never woke up.
They used to live in Gush Katif. They had to move in the name of peace. What peace?
It makes my heart ache. And those poor kids who survived...
ReplyDelete