In Pirkei Avos 4:1 (Ethics of our Fathers) we learn Eizehu ashir hasameach b'chelko - Who is wealthy? One who is happy with his lot. I have been blessed with 30 years of a pretty good lot! In trying to decide what to name this blog, which will be a chronicle of things that make me happy, I landed on Sameach b'chelko for this very reason!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I cheese!

AM, who is almost twenty months old, has recently started to have a vocabulary explosion. Each day he's saying more and more. While he mostly identifies nouns, he has also begun to say mini sentences using verbs he sometimes creates.

He has a habit of saying "cheese" (though it sounds more like "cheeth") every time I take his picture. Yesterday he pointed to my camera and identified it as "I cheeth." As in, when I see that object, I say cheese.

This afternoon, after saying "bye" to his nanny, he proudly ran up to me and announced, "I bye! I bye!" Yes, AM, you said goodbye.

He then picked up his toothbrush, gave it a swish or two in his mouth, and said, "I teeth!"

My favorite moment was a few weekends ago. After returning from minyan one Sunday morning, D asked the ever-important question, "Who wants to go to Dunkin Donuts?" AM quickly raised his hand and yelled, "I do!" I don't know where he learned to raise his hand, and I don't know when he started saying "I do," but I know he loves food, and he figured out the way to tell us in no uncertain terms!

I love hearing his new words! Before long, I know he'll be speaking like a pro, and if I'm lucky he'll be a little chatterbox like YS. For now, though, these little gems are too delicious not to share!

2 comments:

  1. I am waiting for him to say "I cute"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a dream last night that Sam was talking. Guess I'll have to wait until 19 months or so for it to come true. Looking forward to seeing -- and hearing -- your boys soon!

    ReplyDelete