In Pirkei Avos 4:1 (Ethics of our Fathers) we learn Eizehu ashir hasameach b'chelko - Who is wealthy? One who is happy with his lot. I have been blessed with 30 years of a pretty good lot! In trying to decide what to name this blog, which will be a chronicle of things that make me happy, I landed on Sameach b'chelko for this very reason!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Shabbos Shekalim

Since we're having honored guests for Shabbos (Bubbe and Zayde), I decided to step it up a bit when it came to my meal planning. Here's what we've got:

Friday Dinner:
Challah*
40-Garlic Chicken
Steamed Green Beans
Butternut Squash Kugel
Napoleon Cake*

Shabbos Lunch:
Challah*
40-Garlic Chicken
Brown Rice
Cauliflower
Spiced Chickpeas
Rice Krispie Treats

Right now my house is drowning in the smell of garlic. I made three batches of the chicken recipe, so I actually cooked with 120 cloves of garlic! It was burning my nose and eyes when I took it out of the oven. Hopefully it tastes good!


*In the interest of full disclosure, these items were purchased at the local bakery. The rest is homemade. And all of this in the week my local kosher grocery decided to close down!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm I can smell it from here. You get a HUGE stickie.

    ReplyDelete